Dr. Owens always had a desire to come back to the area after school to serve the community. Being blessed to have been able to do this, Dr. Owens feels a responsibility to give back to the local community and the greater community.
- 2009: Dr. Owens was part of a Shamokin Area Community hospital expo at the St. Pauline center in Kulpmont PA, Giving a Power point presentation on the relationship between Diabetes and oral health. Dr. Owens had previously given this lecture as Continuing Education for the Physicians at LBJ Tropical Medical Center in American Samoa.
- 2010: Dr. Owens Raised funds totaling around 2000 dollars to donate to Smile Train. This wonderful organization helps provide life altering surgeries for patients with cleft lips and palates all around the world. For more information on SmileTrain click here.
- 2011-2012: Dr. Owens grew his hair for Wigs for Kids and sponsored a hair drive with The Difference Salon, Kulpmont PA. The hair drive was held at the Shamokin High School Relay for Life. Dr. Owens donated just over 12 inches of hair.
- 2012: Owens Dentistry sponsored a Halloween candy buyback. Children were given 1 dollar a pound for their candy that was packaged along with dental hygiene supplies and sent to Operation Gratitude. This organization sends care packages to troops stationed all over the world. Owens Dentistry sent over 80 pounds and 200 hygiene kits.
- Dr. Owens also visits Winnie the Pooh day care yearly to educate young children about dental health, serves as Dentist for Life Geisinger and makes donations to various local churches and charities.